Map

Map

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"Yes, that's the pollution" May 16

Woke up super early, got breakfast (yellow ball things with deliciousness; white things that were just as yummy). Total price for breakfast was 18 RMB, so less than $3 each – equally cool. 


Took a cab to a flea market, which was also super cool. We got drinks at a little cafĂ© that caters to westerners. I got watermelon juice for 25 RMB, which is way too much, but so it goes. The juice was freshly squeezed, so I don’t think I’ll get sick from it.


Wandered around the flea market area for a couple hours and got a cute tea set for 100 RMB. There’s Chinese writing on it, but I don’t know what it says. I also played a Chinese flute. People were trying to sell pieces of broken pottery as "antiques" - not sure who they fool or how well that works for them. People were also selling giant statues, but I'm not sure how you'd move them, because they were MASSIVE.






We met a cute baby, who was totally a ploy to get us to go into the shop. Parents here don’t put diapers on their kids, so all the baby clothes are crotchless, since the kids just do their business in the street.

Came back to the hotel, and met up with a bunch of people to get dinner. I fell asleep about 10, so I missed the midnight-one hour of no power.

No comments:

Post a Comment